Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Maize and Blue Spring game

Watched the game this morning.  I was supposed to go up to Ann Arbor with my brother for it but they ended up scheduling us to work yesterday so I had to DVR it.

The Offense, well, more or less looked the same it did last year.  Which if you remember, didn’t convert into as many wins as it should have.  A few of the games we lost, we could have won had our turnovers not shot us in the foot.  Yeah, our defense didn’t help either.  But we knew they weren’t good so we were counting on that potent offense and Denard Robinson to outscore our opponents but it seemed like every time the defense would step up and stop an opponent, the offense would not score and more times than not, turn the ball back over.  That’s what I saw today.  Interceptions, a dropped snap, and quite a few overthrows from Denard.

Our defense looked good, but I’m not sure if that’s because our offense didn’t or we just have an improved defense.

I know it sounds like I’m being negative against our Wolverines but I’m not.  I realize it’s just April and they have a lot more practice time coming.  And the way I understand it, they only ran about 40% of the playbook.  Just spouting at what I saw.  Even after all the comments above, I’m still excited for this season to get here.  I can’t wait until September 3rd for our opener and of course the 10th against Notre Dame.  For those of you who don’t know where I live, let’s just say, 95% of the people who live here, are ND fans.  Our local NBC station is WNDU.  And every day of the year, the sports page head story is about ND football.  It might be the reason I can’t stand ND, but believe me, it’s not the only reason.  But that’s for another blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.