Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

To collect, or not to collect

Needed to go to the LCS to pick up some top loaders for the cards I need to ship out.  Bought a few packs for the hell of it.  Bought the last 2 packs of Topps Chrome and a pack of Bowman, nothing great but I added the cards to the “Team lots page” which I edited earlier today to list how many cards I have with each team so you’d know how close I was to send out.  Although there is only 2 people (3 teams) spoken for so apparently I’m not going to be getting rid of the cards like I had thought.  I’ve thought about trading for White Sox cards, but there are so many anymore.  I’ve thought about just collecting cards from the the original sets, not all the additional set.  By original sets I mean just the Topps, Fleer, Donruss, Upper Deck.  Not the Chromes, Vintage, Platinum, ect.  But I like those sets too so I don’t know what to do.  To understand why I’m hesitant about starting to collect is to understand that I have an addictive personality.  When I get into something, I go all in.  I’m already addicted to the cards, but they way I do it, I put money in and get money out, but I’m still around the cards and I at least break even (for the most part).  The bad part, I can’t afford to buy cards just for myself.  I work a factory job, 40+ hrs a week.  And provide for my wife and 3 of my 4 kids living with me.  So I don’t have the extra cash to go out and spend money on myself.  Trading would be perfect for that, but I don’t think I really have anything great to send other people.  I’m at a loss.  I’m not sure what to do.  Right now, I’m leaning on collecting all White Sox cards, I’ll just have to keep an eye on my spending, which I can do, it just takes effort (and my wife giving me those disappointing looks).  Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. It sounds to me that you'd have plenty of card people would want for trades. There are tons of team and set collectors that are always looking for new trade partners.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.