Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Photo Cleansing #5

tumblr_ln3j9rxKV21qzniimo1_r2_500

Sox and Cubs played this week, first time in a long time that they played during the week that I remember.  Cubs took the 1st game after the Sox took an early 3-0 lead.  They came back and scored 6.  Sox took the next 2, both by 1 run.  Both big outings by the bullpen.  They keep pitching like that and this team can definitely contend for the division.

Peavy1At the Sox game last night, AJ and Peavy got into something on the field and dugout.  It looked like Peavy pointed to AJ as he was coming off the field and said something, then at the end of the inning, they are seen having a “discussion” in the dugout but before it became more, AJ pulled Peavy back into the tunnel away from cameras and finished.  After the game, during interviews, they both answered questions about it.

AJ’s answer -

“Well, we were talking about Alabama vs. Florida,” Pierzynski said. “He has bragging rights because Alabama beat them the last couple times. That’s about it.”

Uh huh!  AJ, sure it was.  Here was Peavy’s answer -

“Me and A.J. were actually arguing over who is the better hunter,” Peavy said. “AJ went on a safari this winter. I claimed to be a real hunter, although I can’t say I’ve been out of the states. We got in a pretty heated discussion. He’s harvested kudu and a lion. I like to harvest white tail deer. We were kind of going over that. You know how that stuff goes.

“But listen, we are just competing and it’s going to happen from time to time. We are both very passionate people. A.J. won us a ballgame tonight. There was no ill-will, nothing. It’s part of playing the game and being a part of a team.”

Now both these guys are gamers, so I don’t think this was a big deal and this will be the last of it, other than all the questions from the media who probably won’t leave it alone.  I think I read that Ozzie said it had something to do with a pitch call.  Either way, I love that they are keeping it hush, hush just so it doesn’t get all blown out of proportion.  I believe it was just a quick argument and nothing will come of it.  Both these guys go at 100% and play harder than anyone so things like this are going to happen.  But they are both good clubhouse guys and will continue to be that.

tumblr_ln66a3PcEX1qzd2rro1_500

Saw this photo on another blog.  This is a really cool sky around a really nice ballpark.  St. Louis’ new Busch Stadium is surrounded with brick and iron fence.  The diamond is below ground level so you walk out close to the top of the stadium.  It has a very traditional feel to it while still being a modern stadium.  I’ve been to the old Busch Stadium a bunch of times, but only the new one once, so far.  My grandparents lived outside St. Louis for awhile, I would call down and have them get my tickets (before the internet was so handy.)  Even went to a Cubs/Cardinals game which is supposed to be one of the huge rivalries of MLB.  I always had a good time there.

pryor_knowledge

This is just hilarious.  If you don’t know what it’s about than you haven’t been following college football at all.

The following commercial is also hilarious.

Coming this fall to DirectTV the Manning brothers star in Football Cops: “Nobody Escapes The Long Arms of The Law.”

….Mike Tahoe (Peyton Manning) was living the dream as a big league quarterback, until a personal tragedy brought him back to the mean streets of his childhood. Vowing to bring those who wronged him to swift justice, he enlists the help of his best friend, and biggest rival, C.J. Hunter (Eli Manning). Both grew up together as orphans in a home for wayward boys. Both overcame the odds to become huge sports stars. Now both are the only hope for the rugged streets they once again call home.

And this wouldn’t be a photo cleansing post without the usual vintage Jordan pic.

tumblr_lmcjvwz5gS1qdi785o1_1281

For those of you still reading this, and haven’t been following me on Twitter.  I have been on Zistle trying to get all my cards posted.  All my collections are posted and I’m working on all my cards available for trade.  I have my duplicate White Sox up as well as the Angels, Astros, A’s, Blue Jays, Braves, Brewers, Cardinals and Cubs listed.  As you can tell, they are going in alphabetically.  I might get one or two more teams up tonight before bed.  Maybe.  To go to it, click the zistle photo at the top right of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.