Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Trade with Nomo’s Sushi Platter

And yet another trade last week.  I love getting trade’s in the mail, you get to build your collection and all it costs me is cards I had no use for anyways.  You get to give those cards to someone who loves them in return for cards you love.  And that leads me to my most recent trade with Spiegel at “Nomo’s Sushi Platter.”  I sent him some cards, he sent me some.  And some great cards did he send.  Here’s the highlights.

sox-bowman

First off, some Bowman with some gold.  As a set, I’m not a big fan of Bowman because I like getting cards of players I know.  But I do like the base set of the pro players.  I like the looks of most of the Bowman sets.  Don’t get me wrong, I like the draft pick players too, but I much prefer players I know.

sox1

I know some people out there aren’t big fans of the Toppstown but I like them.  I don’t play any of the games on the site, but I like the looks of them.

sox-vintage

I also like the look of the Upper Deck Signature Stars and of course you should know by now, I like the sets that have the vintage look to them.  And who can complain about 3 different Luis Aparicio’s.

sox-konerko

And Spiegel hooked me up with a slew of Paul Konerko’s for my collection that seems to be getting bigger and bigger with each trade.

mlb-buehrle004   mlb-pierzynski002

And look at all that sparkle.  Mark Buehrle Refractor and an AJ Pierzynski diamond anniversary card.  I love the shine on that card.

mlb-jordan001

And Spiegel must have been reading my blog and noticed how much I like to post Jordan pictures from his days in basketball.  I know, some of you didn’t realize he played basketball before he did baseball, but that’s why I’m here, to educate.  It just so happened that my favorite basketball player of all time, played his baseball with my favorite baseball team’s organization.  That worked out nicely and thanks to Spiegel, I now have my first Jordan baseball card.  And it’s a nice one at that.

mlb-pierzynski003

And to top it off, he threw me a little relic love with this Pierzynski jersey card.  And these were just the highlights, he sent me a whole bunch of cards.  A great trade with him, make sure you check his blog out at “Nomo’s Sushi Platter.”  And if you need a good trade partner, look him up as well.  Thanks again, Spiegel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.