Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cheap E-bay purchases

I’ve been buying up any Sox/Colts vintage that I don’t have and that I can get for .50 or less.  Some oddball player collection cards at .50 or less.  And some relic/auto cards I can get for under $2.  Here’s what I received this week.

ebay01

Mark Buehrle – 2008 Topps Relics (jersey)

Paul Konerko – 2007 Topps Allen & Ginters Relic (bat)

Paul Konerko – 2007 Upper Deck Ultimate Star Relic (jersey w/stripe)

A Buehrle relic, who is another favorite of mine on the Sox and 2 Konerko relics.  My Paulie relic collection has been getting a good boost as of late.

ebay02

Marlin Jackson – 2005 Sage HIT Silver autograph #’d 365/400

Paul Konerko – 2008 Topps Allen & Ginter’s Relic (jersey)

Paul Konerko – 2005 Fleer Authentix Mezzanine #’d 35/75

My first U of M autograph, from a player I watched a lot too makes it even better.  Another Konerko relic and a short printed (numbered) Konerko.

ebay03

Roosevelt Leaks – 1979 Topps

Clint Session – 2007 Bowman rookie

Joseph Addai – 2006 Uppder Deck Star Rookies

Edgerrin James – 2004 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia Canton Absolutes Relic (jersey #’d 88/100

The Clint Session and Joseph Addai were just throw ins to protect the Roosevelt Leaks, but I didn’t have either so there you go.

Total cards = 1 vintage, 5 relic, 1 auto, 1 numbered, 2 rookies

Total cost = $9.11/shipped.  Not to shabby, and a nice boost to my relics and autos in a few of my collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.