Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Goodbye Ozzie

First off, being a Sox fan, I feel I should comment on the whole Guillen situation. I’m sure you might have heard about it. I didn’t expect him back next year, I also didn’t expect it to happen with 2 more games left. I love Ozzie, I know a lot of you don’t. But I didn’t like how this all went down, and I don’t like it from Ozzie’s side. Demanding an extension on your contract after the year we’ve had, seriously? It brings back shades of Frank Thomas asking for a big raise contract after being injured for almost 2 years straight. Pssst, if you want an extension, you have to ask when your on top. Like I said, I love Ozzie and I certainly wouldn’t have changed hiring him. But Hawk Harrelson made a good point last night after the announcement was made. He said that Ozzie has been more subdued and quieter the last few years, and it showed in the players performance. We had high expectations going into this season, and have bombed miserably. Is Ozzie to blame? sports03Maybe some, but they are professional ballplayers and a lot of them didn’t do crap all year. I’m not a fan of coaches and managers taking the firings for a bad year, but that is the business. That being said, I have grown tired of Ozzie’s game. By game, I mean managerially. So I don’t have a problem with him leaving, it’s time.  I’ve said before he manages too much with his heart, and it costs us some games.

And I’m also glad it wasn’t a big blow up. Ozzie asked for the extension, Jerry (Reinsdorf, owner) said no. Then granted Ozzie his release. Granted his release meaning Ozzie asked to be released. Sox didn’t fire him. Also, Joey Cora was made interim manager by Ozzie, he just assumed. The White Sox did not fire Joey because he was leaving to go with Ozzie, they decided it would be in the best interest if he didn’t manage the last 2 games since he was. I’ve read all kinds of things from all kinds of people. I am a Sox fan and I get my info from people in the Sox organization via twitter, blogs, post-game interviews. Stuff most of non-Sox fans don’t read or watch. It amazes me how many different stories that are out there. I’m not saying I’m right, I’m just saying I’ve heard differently and I’ll rely on my sources more than most out there.

So in final, goodbye Ozzie, good luck in all your future endeavors. Thank you for being you for the last 8 years. You’ll always be a Sox in my heart.  But it’s time for us to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.