Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Hail to the Victors!!!

I haven’t been buying any cards lately, which explains the lack of posting lately.  I do have a few I need to type out but I just haven’t had the chance.  I’m still trying to come up with a “regular feature” type, I have a few ideas, actually, a few other people’s idea just with my team or players.  I guess I’m just not very original.

Before I go on with the intention of this post, I’ve been thinking about dropping the Colts as a team collection.  I’ve bought a few on ebay and I still get excited when I get a Michigan or White Sox card in the mail, but I just don’t get that excited when I get a Colts card.  Am I still a Colts fan, of course!  But Pro football is a distant 3rd behind Baseball and NCAA football.   I’m thinking about maybe having a couple of the players for collections, instead of the teams.  Peyton Manning obviously, maybe Dallas Clark and/or Reggie Wayne.  I don’t know yet, we’ll see.  I think I’m definitely dropping the Colts, just don’t know about the player’s I’m going to keep yet.

michigansports08

Tomorrow is the Michigan vs. Western Michigan game and I’ll be there.  The 1st of 3 games I already have tickets for.  I’m stoked.  Heading up with my mom, brother and his wife.  So if your watching the game on TV, make sure to look for me.  I’ll be the one wearing maize.

Last year during this match-up, Denard Robinson got his first snap of his collegiate career.  What do you think happened?  Let’s go look.

That was the first time Michigan fans jaws dropped.  This year, they have been working on using Denard as a throwing QB, with just a few run plays for him.  I like the idea.  Imagine him dropping back 10 or 15 times, the defense slacks up a bit, covers the receivers well.  Denard can’t find anybody, the pocket breaks down and he’s off.  The defense will all be spread out and he should have some huge runs.  Oh yeah, I like that idea.  I just hope he can throw the ball well enough to open it all up.

He could help his cause if he was throwing to this guy.

michigansports02

Sorry, just had to find a way to throw that picture in.

The big question mark, of course, is the Defense.  I expect it to be better but really, could it have gotten much worse?  I’m definitely pumped to get the college football season under way.  Here’s some more pics I picked up along the way.

michigansports01

michigansports04

michigansports03

michigansports06

This next one is now my computer background.

michigansports05

GO BLUE!!!!

1 comment:

  1. 1. Screw the Colts. Peyton's their QB, they just hired Cheaty McSweatervest and now that Marlin Jackson and Mike Hart are gone, there is literally zero reason to root for them. Zero. By the way, Manning fans--Woodson went out and earned that Heisman while your boy choked, so get over it.

    2. GO BLUE! Have a blast at the game.

    3. I think Dustin and I are hitting a show on Sunday so I'll see if I can't find some more White Sox (not QUITE as bad as the Colts) and Michigan stuff for you.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.