Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Training the family

I’m starting to get my family trained, finally.  My wife went to Wally World and came back with a pack of cards for me.  She must have been jealous that my son brought me a pack home a few weeks ago.  It’s always nice when people think about you, and even better when that results in a pack of cards for me.  She picked up a pack of Topps series II

topps01

No White Sox.  But I know some don’t like the sideways cards because they don’t look right in binders, but mine aren’t in binders so I like them.  the photos are usually just better on them.  Here are the inserts.

topps02

Babe Ruth – Kimball (nice), Tigers gold (better than a Yankee’s gold, I guess), and as many Topps packs that I’ve bought this is my first blue diamond, or any diamond if there are other colors.  And Felix Hernandez isn’t a bad pick to start with.  I didn’t buy a lot of series II but a bunch of series I so maybe the diamond cards are only series II.  I haven’t taken the time to look, but that would explain the lack of these cards in all the series I packs I bought.

Big thanks to my baby, she rocks!!!  But I hope she realizes, that now I expect this all the time.

1 comment:

  1. The blue diamonds are only in Walmart packs. There are red ones that you have a chance of getting at Target. Not all packs have them, the packs that do have a black stripe across the top. Can't remember what it says exactly though.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.