Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

1973 Topps–Earl Williams #504 (repost)

I’m collecting the 1973 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.

I’m reposting this since blogger seems to have eaten the first time I posted it.  *Update – I found this post, sort of.  Here’s the link “1973 Topps–Earl Williams #504”  Notice the address, then notice the post.  You can also scroll down and notice the comments that were left on the original post.  I don’t know what the hell happened.

73topps-earlwilliams504

  • Card Facts – Earl Williams – Baltimore Orioles – Card # 504
  • Purchase Price – free (already in my collection
  • On the back (toon) – Earl was originally signed as a pitcher
    • “A converted 3rd basemen who made difficult switch to catcher. Earl was acquired by O’s during the off-season. A longball threat, he was selected as NL Rookie of the Year in 1971 and was 2nd in Homers on Braves, ‘72”
  • Drafted by the Braves in the 1st round (6th pick) in 1965.
  • Debut – September 13, 1970
  • 1970-197, 1975-1976 (Braves), 1973-1974 (Orioles), 1976 (Expos), 1977 (A’s) 
  • Born in Newark, NJ

I never heard of someone going from another position to a Catcher.  I always thought of Catcher’s as always played the position because I believe it is the hardest position.  The first time I posted this, I had said that I didn’t know of anybody else who had switched to a Catcher’s position that late in their career.  Dennis had informed me that Brandon Inge had as well.

  • Cards posted in this set – 1
  • Total price paid – $0.00
  • Average price per card – $0.00
  • Cards left to post – 683 (including NNO Checklists)

1 comment:

  1. Blogger does that sometimes. I'm very loosely sort of in a minor way trying to put that set together. I like the running total at the bottom of the post.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.