I’m collecting the 1973 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.
- Card Facts – Bill Lee – Boston Red Sox – Card #224
- Purchase Price – $.11 (Ebay lot406/$4.25)
In case you haven’t noticed, whatever I put in these area’s, I do no research. Just my thoughts and feelings from the card or player. That being said, when I see the name “Bill Lee” I think “Spaceman”. I’m going to assume that was a nickname of some kind and I’ve heard it before, but for the life of me, I don’t know why that sticks in my head. I may even be wrong and it’s not a nickname, but that’s what comes to my head. If it is his nickname, maybe it came from this card, he seems kind of spaced out looking toward nowhere.
- Card Facts – Phil Hennigan – New York Mets – Card #107
- Purchase Price – $.17 (Ebay lot 6/$1.04)
This is another card from that lot of not so great condition cards. As you can tell, this one is actually in good shape, but it’s miscut. Another posed shot, and I’m no expert but I’m going to say his hat is airbrushed. It just stands out too much. I’m probably wrong but that’s the way it looks to me.
- Cards posted in this set – 27
- Total price paid – $4.04
- Average price per card – $0.15
- Cards left to post – 657 (including NNO Checklists)
- Percentage posted – 27/684 (4% posted)
- Percentage completed – 76/684 (11% completed)
The more cards I post, the more I really like this set. Good thing I was born in a year that had cool cards. I’ve read where people wait until they get to a certain percentage of cards before they put them in binders. I plan on getting the ‘81s into a binder this weekend, but I’m not sure if I should bother with the ‘73s since I only have 76 cards. How do all of you set collector’s do it, percentage, do it regardless, don’t use binders? Let me know?