Welcome

This blog is about sports and sports cards. Which both I love to talk about. My teams are as follows - MLB - Chicago White Sox, NCAA - Michigan Wolverines & NFL - Indianapolis Colts. Although I post my Michigan stuff to another site now - check it out at http://toomanymarios.blogspot.com/

Thursday, January 19, 2012

1973 Topps–Carlos May #105

I’m collecting the 1973 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.

73topps-carlosmay105

  • Card Facts – Carlos May – Chicago White Sox – Card #105
  • Purchase Price – $.33 (Ebay lot, 7/$2.34)
  • On the back (toon) – Carlos led Carolina league in batting, 1968.
    • “Carlos had a hot bat for Chisox last September.  In one 12-game batting streak he was averaging .419 with 18 hits in 43 at-bats.  Carlos hits to all fields, he’ll go to leftfield with the outside pitch and he’ll pull the ball when pitched inside.”
  • Drafted by the Chicago White Sox in the 1st round (18th pick) of the 1966 amateur draft.
  • Debut – September 6, 1968
  • 1968-1976 (White Sox), 1976-1977 (Yankees), 1978 (Angels)
  • Born in Birmingham, AL

I mainly know Carlos from collecting Sox cards.  I want to say I have 3 or 4 other of his base cards.  I know I have his 1975 along with another copy of this one. 

  • Cards posted in this set – 19
  • Total price paid – $2.87
  • Average price per card – $0.15
  • Cards left to post – 665 (including NNO Checklists)

1 comment:

  1. He looks pretty intense considering he's standing in front of the dugout. I like the price on this one...you've gotten some good deals so far.

    ReplyDelete