I’m collecting the 1973 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.
- Card Facts – Dave Rader – San Francisco Giants – Card #121
- Purchase Price – $.11 (Ebay lot, 40/$4.25)
- On the back (toon) – Dave got his nickname “rooster” from a cartoon character.
- “Possibly the NL’s finest rookie receiver of 1972, Dave was the Giants’ first selection in the free agent draft of June, 1967. Dave hit .445, .285 & .333 in his 3 years of high school ball, he was named All-South Yosemite 3rd baseman as a sophomore & All-League catcher as a junior & senior.”
- Drafted by the San Francisco Giants in the 1st round (18th pick) of the 1967 amateur draft.
- Debut – September 5, 1971
- 1971-1976 (Giants), 1977 (Cardinals), 1978 (Cubs), 1979 (Phillies), 1980 (Red Sox)
- Born in Cincinnati, OH
I’m really starting to appreciate the photography more in this set. Not that it’s spectacular photography, but more it’s different from all the other sets. This photograph, for example, is just a live shot during a game. But it’s not really an action shop. But at least it isn’t just a headshot either.
Cards posted in this set – 15
- Total price paid – $2.21
- Average price per card – $0.15
- Cards left to post – 669 (including NNO Checklists)