Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

1973 Topps–Detroit Tigers #191

I’m collecting the 1973 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.

73topps-tigersteam191

  • Card Facts – Detroit Tigers – Card #191
  • Purchase Price – $.11 (Ebay lot, 40/$4.25)
  • On the back (toon) – team records
  • 86-70, Finished 1st in AL East

The team – Ike Blessitt, Ed Brinkman, Gates Brown, Ike Brown, Les Cain, Norm Cash, Joe Coleman, Wayne Comer, Jim Foor, Bill Freehan, Woodie Fryman, John Gamble, Bill Gilbreth, Tom Haller, John Hiller, Fred Holdsworth, Willie Horton, Frank Howard, Paul Jata, Dalton Jones, Al Kaline, Mike Kilkenny, John Knox, Lerrin LaGrow, Gene Lamont, Marvin Lane, Don Leshnock, Mickey Lolich, Dick McAuliffe, Phil Meeler, Joe Niekro, Jim Northrup, Ron Perranoski, Aurelio Rodriguez, Fred Scherman, Chuck Seelbach, Duke Sims, Bill Slayback, Mickey Stanley, Joe Staton, Bob Strampe, Tony Taylor, Tom Timmermann, Chris Zachary

  • Cards posted in this set – 8
  • Total price paid – $1.44
  • Average price per card – $0.18
  • Cards left to post – 676 (including NNO Checklists)

4 comments:

  1. That's a mighty good looking card right there

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's alright, it's no White Sox card or anything but it's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first team card I have seen from 1973 Topps. I am not a fan of them. Most of the time team cards look bad anyway (but not always), but this one looks bad compared to team cards. I am a big fan of the 73 set too, I almost decided to build it this year but chose 74 instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I feel bad now because I must have missed your Astros card you just posted.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.