I’m collecting the 1973 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.
- Card Facts – Gary Nolan – Cincinnati Reds – Card #260
- Purchase Price – $.11 (Ebay lot, 40/$4.25)
- On the back (toon) – Gary spent full season in majors at age 19.
- “Gary barely missed winning the NL’s ERA title in 1972, finishing a close 2nd to Steve Carlton. Gary was Reds’ top winner last season. He hurled 6 innings vs. Bucs in 1972 NL Playoffs and 10 2/3 innings vs. A’s in 1972 World Series.”
- Drafted by the Cincinnati Reds in the 1st round (13th pick) of the 1966 amateur draft.
- Debut – April 15, 1967
- 1967-1973, 1975-1977 (Reds), 1977 (Angels)
- Born in Herlong, CA
It must suck to be with the same team your whole career and then get traded just before you ended up retiring. Although he signed with Milwaukee after the Angels released him but never played.
- Cards posted in this set – 13
- Total price paid – $1.99
- Average price per card – $0.15
- Cards left to post – 671 (including NNO Checklists)