I’m collecting the 1973 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.
- Card Facts – Jim Lonborg – Philadelphia Phillies – Card #3
- Purchase Price – unknown
Another background with rock. I’m guessing that a lot of these were taken in spring training. Lots of chain link fence and rock formations. The price is unknown because I can’t find it in my record keeping. I’ll doc myself $.50 in the total amount paid for this mistake.
- Card Facts – Willie Davis – Los Angeles Dodgers – Card #35
- Purchase Price – free (via Trade with “Crinkly Wrappers”)
Well I obviously know this guy. I should know all them with all those Dodger bloggers out there. I would guess this is a brush back pitch at his head since the catcher is already standing. Probably had to go up to get it. Willie doesn’t have his helmet on so either he flinched it off or he got beamed. I do love the action shots in this set. Stuff you don’t hardly ever see. Although, if I was Willie Davis, I’m not sure this is the photo I would want used.
- Cards posted in this set – 23
- Total price paid – $3.48
- Average price per card – $0.15
- Cards left to post – 661 (including NNO Checklists)
- Percentage posted – 23/684 (3% posted)
- Percentage completed – 76/684 (11% completed)
That $.50 penalty cost my average price per card to go up a penny. Good thing I got some cards via trade to equal those out.