Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

1981 Topps–Bob Boone #290, Doyle Alexander #708

I’m collecting the 1981 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.
81topps-bobboone290
  • Card Facts – Bob Boone – Philadelphia Philies – Card #290
  • Purchase Price – $.05 (Ebay lot 100/$4.99)

One of the many Boone’s that have played in the majors.  Great action shot, although Bob almost looks like he’s smiling because he’s going to get hit.  A card that “Play at the Plate” will appreciate for sure.


81topps-doylealexander708

    • Card Facts – Doyle Alexander – Atlanta Braves – Card #708
    • Purchase Price – free (trade with “Manupatches & Mustaches”)

More powder blues.  Love the stirup socks though.  That’s a true baseball uniform there.  Another action shot.  Looks like he just threw a pitch.  I’d say either a ball or strike, it wasn’t hit, otherwise he would probably looking elsewhere.

  • Cards posted in this set – 36
  • Total price paid – $1.79
  • Average price per card – $0.05
  • Cards left to post – 690
  • Percentage posted – 36/726 (5% posted)
  • Percentage completed – 426/726 (59% completed)

Average price per card and percentage posted are in the exact same spot (4.9) but price per card is going down and percentage posted is going up.  I got all my 1981’s in an album today.  It looks pretty good because I’m past halfway with this set.  Debating on posting each page as I complete it.  I only had 1 (9 cards) page filled on 1 side, but none completely completed yet (18 cards).  I guess I have until I fill a page before I have to decide on whether to post it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.