I’m collecting the 1981 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.
- Card Facts – Jack Morris – Detroit Tigers – Card #572
- Purchase Price – free (Trade with “JABO’s”)
A future Hall of Famer, I hope. I had a player collection of Jack Morris when I was growing up. Of course, I had a player collection of just about anybody that was good. But Jack was more than good, he was great. I don’t really get into all the hype of whether someone belongs in the HOF or not. But if I had a HOF, Jack would be in it.
- Card Facts – John Pacella – New York Mets – Card #414
- Purchase Price – free (trade with “Manupatches & Mustaches”)
I remember this card and I remember why. I remember thinking he threw the ball so hard his hat fell off. He must be great. Hey, I was only 8 when the set came out. At that time, I was gravitating towards the Mets as a favorite team. I know as a child, they were. But I don’t remember if I was this early or not.
- Cards posted in this set – 38
- Total price paid – $1.79
- Average price per card – $0.05
- Cards left to post – 688
- Percentage posted – 38/726 (5% posted)
- Percentage completed – 426/726 (59% completed)
Even 2 free cards didn’t drive the price per card below $.05,,yet. I’m sure I will end up under that even though I’ve got quite a few cards that I paid more than a $.05 for, I have about 3 times that amount that I got free from fellow bloggers.