Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

1981 Topps–Joe Niekro #722, Record Breaker #204

I’m collecting the 1981 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.
81topps-joeniekro722
  • Card Facts – Joe Niekro – Houston Astros – Card #722
  • Purchase Price – free (trade with “JABO’s”)

Joe, brother of Phil, Niekro.  I don’t remember Joe as much as Phil.  I wonder if he threw the knuckleball as well.  I want to say he was around for awhile so I assume he was a pretty decent pitcher.  I remember these jerseys but I don’t know if I ever noticed the Astros isn’t centered but motre towards the left shoulder.  Is this not the jersey or just a warm up or a t-shirt or something.  Maybe Sam can help a brother out.


81topps-lefloreandscott204

    • Card Facts – Ron LeFlore & Rodney Scott – Montreal Expos – Card #204
    • Purchase Price – free (trade with “Manupatches & Mustaches”)
I do like when they put Record Breakers as part of the sets.  I prefer them part of it, rather than inserts.  Don’t know much about them but I can imagine a team with 2 guys stealing that many bases.  That’s a lot more pressure on the opponent’s pitcher.  I do miss the Expos colors.  I don’t know why, but I do.
  • Cards posted in this set – 32
  • Total price paid – $1.74
  • Average price per card – $0.05
  • Cards left to post – 694
  • Percentage posted – 32/726 (4% posted)
  • Percentage completed – 426/726 (59% completed)

This is the 2nd Astro card in a post in a row. The way I pick what card to post is I have them all scanned and in alphabetical order. I ask my wife to pick a number from 1-100 and then start where I left off the day before and count to that number and that’s the card I use. So it’s more or less random.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.