I’m collecting the 1981 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.
- Card Facts – Joe Strain – San Francisco Giants – Card #361
- Purchase Price – $0.05 (ebay lot – 100/$4.99)
- On the back (toon, bottom left) – Played in the 1975 Pan-American games in Mexico City.
- On the back (toon, bottom right) – He and his wife both work as teachers during the off-season.
- Signed by the San Francisco Giants as an amateur free agent in 1976.
- Debut – June 28, 1979
- 1979-1980 (Giants), 1981 (Cubs)
- Born in Denver, CO
Only played for 3 years. It was interesting to see that he held a job in the off-season. I assume not too many need to do this now a days. Of course, the way most major leaguers spend money, they might if they are making the league minimum. I’m pretty sure I could survive on $414,000 a year. But I’m not a major leaguer.
- Cards posted in this set – 22
- Total price paid – $1.64
- Average price per card – $0.07
- Cards left to post – 705