Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

1981 Topps–Joe Strain #361

I’m collecting the 1981 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.

81topps-joestrain361

  • Card Facts – Joe Strain – San Francisco Giants – Card #361
  • Purchase Price – $0.05 (ebay lot – 100/$4.99)
  • On the back (toon, bottom left) – Played in the 1975 Pan-American games in Mexico City.
  • On the back (toon, bottom right) – He and his wife both work as teachers during the off-season. 
  • Signed by the San Francisco Giants as an amateur free agent in 1976.
  • Debut – June 28, 1979
  • 1979-1980 (Giants), 1981 (Cubs)
  • Born in Denver, CO

Only played for 3 years.  It was interesting to see that he held a job in the off-season.  I assume not too many need to do this now a days.  Of course, the way most major leaguers spend money, they might if they are making the league minimum.  I’m pretty sure I could survive on $414,000 a year.  But I’m not a major leaguer.

  • Cards posted in this set – 22
  • Total price paid – $1.64
  • Average price per card – $0.07
  • Cards left to post – 705

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.