Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Package from Blue Batting Helmet

I got an email from Rob asking if I wanted a White Sox car flag that he had picked up somewhere.  He said it was the old Sox logo that he knows that I like.  I said sure, so he sent away.  I was pleasantly surprised when I received it last week.
trade-bluebattinghelmet03
The above mentioned flag, which is way cool.  But along with that he sent this hat.  Which if you’ve ever noticed my profile pic, I wear hats.  But along with those great items, he sent a huge stack of White Sox cards.
trade-bluebattinghelmet01
These are just the highlights.  A couple of Baines, one being a mini and the other I’m thinking might be my first 87 fleer (that’s kind of pathetic isn’t it).  A Fisk, a Bo Jackson, and there were a few Robin Ventura’s.  I really enjoyed seeing the father-son card, which if memory serves, is from the 1985 Topps set.  I remember those from my childhood.  But if that wasn’t enough, he sent these.
trade-bluebattinghelmet02
This is a cool set.  It was the whole set, and it was still in plastic.  Of course, I had to open it.  The bad part is, I’m going to have to do the same thing I did with the 2011 Topps Team Set from the Diamond Giveaway, take out the Konerko for it’s collection and hope I can find another one to complete this set again.  I’ve watched listings on ebay for that card but I just can’t drop $3.50 for a single more-or-less base card.
He said he didn’t want anything in return for the flag, but I’m definitely going to have to find him a little something for this awesome package.  Your truly a great man, you know, for a Cubs fan.  Be sure to check out his MLB recognized blog at “Blue Batting Helmet”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.