Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, February 3, 2012

1973 Topps–Pat Kelly #261, Jim Brewer #126

I’m collecting the 1973 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.

73topps-patkelly261

  • Card Facts – Pat Kelly – Chicago White Sox – Card #261
  • Purchase Price – free (Trade with “Crinkly Wrappers”)

Another Sox card that I already had in my team collection, so technically, this is a dupe, which works out for me so it goes to this set.  They teach you growing up to look at the camera, but apparently on vintage cards, they teach you to look over the shoulder of the cameraman.  There seems to be a lot of them in this set.  Definitely not my favorite Sox jerseys.

73topps-jimbrewer126

  • Card Facts – Jim Brewer – Los Angeles Dodgers – Card #126
  • Purchase Price – free (Trade with “Crinkly Wrappers”)

I’m guessing that’s a bag on the ground behind Jim.  Either that, or it’s a boxy kind of animal, it almost looks like it has legs.  Maybe it’s a baby black bear.  I’m going to assume this was pre-game with all those empty seats in the background.  Either that, or it was taken in Miami last year.  Or in Miami by then end of 2012.

  • Cards posted in this set – 37
  • Total price paid – $4.59
  • Average price per card – $0.12
  • Cards left to post – 647 (including NNO Checklists)
  • Percentage posted – 37/684 (5% posted)
  • Percentage completed – 76/684 (11% completed)

Average price per card dropped a whole penny with 2 more free card from Ted.  After it dropped last post a penny as well.  Which is good, because this set is eventually going to cost me some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.