Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Team collections from COMC

I went and purchased my first ever cards from COMC on Black Friday and took advantage of the free shipping plus you got $.10 back on each purchase.  Today we’ll go through the White Sox collection purchases.  I mainly wanted to work on my vintage team collections and vintage player collections.

comc01

I needed 4 cards to complete my 1975 Topps team set.  I thought I picked up all 4 but I apparently didn’t pay enough attention to what I was buying.  I picked up all 3 of these for $2.38 - $.30 = $2.08 total.  What’s the last card I need to complete this set and if I bought 4, why did I not complete it?

comc04

I accidently picked up the 1975 Topps mini instead of the full size card.  Oops.  So I still need the team card to complete that set.  I still needed the mini for the White Sox Collection so it wasn’t a big deal, but I was disappointed when I pulled it out and knew I didn’t complete it.  I picked this card up for $.65 – $.10 = $.55.

comc02

I picked up the final 3 that I needed for the 1974 Topps team set.  You see the odd cut on the Jim Kaat?  2 of the 3 listed had that and the 3rd card was quite a bit more expensive so I went for the bad cut.  It’s not like I’m going to sell the team set and they have to perfect.  I picked up all 3 of these for $1.36 – $.30 = $1.06.

comc03

I also picked up these 2 1973 Topps to bring that team set to only needing 3 cards.  I picked both these up for $1.26 – $.20 = $1.06.

I concentrated on those 3 years because they were the vintage ones that I was closest to completing.

So my totals for my black Friday purchases for my White Sox collection was 9 cards (1973-1975) for $4.75.  Not too shabby at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.