Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Completed Team Set–1974 Topps

completed-74topps01

I completed this set before the end of the year but I’ve been a slacker for awhile.  I get such a satisfaction of finishing a vintage team set.  I finished 4 of them from the 70’s just before the end of the year with my black Friday purchases from COMC.

completed-74topps02

I can’t believe they followed up the 1973 Topps photography with these.  Only 3 action shots in the first 16 cards.

completed-74topps03

A couple more action shots.  These were odd years for the White Sox just because their uniforms really have nothing to do with their normal color scheme.  But I do enjoy them because they are a little different from the norm.

completed-74topps04

I went ahead and threw the Ron Santo traded and a rookie pitchers card with Ken Frailing from the Sox on it even though they may not be technically part of the team set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.