Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Complete Team Sets–1976 Topps

Another vintage completion.

completed-76topps01

I like the red jerseys but I’m not in love with them.  I prefer to see the Chicago White Sox in black and white.

completed-76topps02

Beltin’ Bill Melton and Wilbur Wood.  Both vintage players I like.  Can’t say much about the look of this set.   Kind of hideous if you ask me.  I guess I can’t complain about the red since it was one of their colors that year, but the green?  And I don’t like the little logo guy in the bottom corner either.

completed-76topps03

I had to pick up a couple of cards from this set to complete it.  I do like the team card, I have always liked them.  They remind me of the team photos they’d send you when you sent the teams letters.  I used to send a letter to each team to get their fan packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.