Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

1973 Topps

Here is the last of my 1973 Topps purchases.  You’ve seen 18 so far and this post will round off that number right at 25 cards.  All these purchased during the COMC Spring Cleaning sale.

comc-1973-13

It’s either a called strike or no where near the strike zone because the batter doesn’t even look like he’s going to attempt to swing.  Maybe a 3-0 count and he’s taking.

comc-1973-12

It’s miscut but it’s a team card, I don’t think I have too many of these.  I do like the manager cards.  I like how they have the supporting staff (coaches) as well.

comc-1973-10

Another team card, yeah.  I always loved the leaders card as a kid, mainly because you could get hall of fame players and they didn’t book as much as their base cards so you could afford them.  I already had that card for my Billy Williams collection.

comc-1973-11

A rookie cup card but another of those hideous uniforms.  Another great leaders card as well.  More hall of famers, sweet.   And yes, I already had one of these in my White Sox collection because of the Wilbur Wood.

  • Total price paid – $92.07
  • Average price per card – $0.26
  • Percentage completed – 358/684 (52% completed)

These are the final tallies after all of this purchase were added to the totals.  These 25 cards put me over half-way completed and I only raised my price per card by a penny.

National MS Society- Walk MS- Michiana 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.