Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Annual MS Walk

That’s right boys and girls, it’s time for my annual plea for money.  On May 4th, we (my family) are doing the MS Walk to raise money for Multiple Sclerosis.  Here’s the post from last year after the walk.  For those not aware, my wife has MS.  She was diagnosed a few years ago but has battling it for many years, maybe over half her life.  But we have done this walk for 3 years now, and this year there will be a few changes.

  • The Positive - We should have a lot more money to donate this year.  Cheri has had a 31 party and has worked out a deal with the local 31 representative.  We rented out a local fire station (it’s really cheap) and she threw a fundraiser 31 party.  We ended up running a 50/50, had a gift certificate to sell tickets for and sold some chocolate covered pretzels.  But where the most money came in was the 31 party itself.  25% of all sales went to the MS Society.  That ended up over $300, it was awesome.  I’m glad it worked out that well because Cheri worked her ass off to get it all set up.
  • The Negative – As it is looking right now, this will be the first year that Cheri won’t be able to walk.  If you followed my other blog any, you know she has been fighting a ruptured disc which was pinching a nerve in her foot.  She has been getting steroid injections right into the site and things are getting better, but there will be no way that she would be able to walk it.  So I’ll be pushing her in her wheelchair, she’s not happy about it.  But I think she is more than making up for it with the party.

I’m not going into all the issues that Cheri deals with, just click the MS tag on my “Random Thoughts From A Random Guy” blog on the right side and you can find out.  But what I am going to do is ask for your help.  I’ve asked for donations before and I’m asking again.  I don’t care if you only give $1, everything is appreciated.  You don’t even have to leave your name, it can be anonymous.  I will certainly accept any paypal donations as well (jccsst1022 at gmail dot com).

Donate or not, I’ll still love you.  But if you donate, I’ll love you more.  Thank you for all of you who continue to read this far.

Links

National MS Society- Walk MS- Michiana 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.