I’m thinking about changing my collections again. I was thinking about more or less becoming just a player collector and getting rid of the majority of my White Sox cards. But I realized that I like my vintage White Sox teams sets too much so I’d have to keep those. But then where would I stop with the team sets so I figured I’d have to just collect them to the current year.
But I also like the autographs and some of the relics so I don’t want to get rid of those. So I feel like I’m not really getting rid of anything. So this is what I have decided, I’m not going to collect all Sox cards anymore. I will collect what I want to collect instead of having an “all” Sox cards collection. I will probably add some more player collections to the lists as well.
I haven’t completely thought this out yet but as of right now, this is what I’m collecting.
- Paul Konerko collection – Any and all Paul Konerko cards.
- Tom Seaver collection – Any and all Tom Seaver cards.
- Luis Aparicio collection – Any and all Luis Aparicio cards.
- Billy Williams collection – Any and all Billy Williams cards.
- Dave Dravecky collection – Any and all Dave Dravecky cards.
- Mike Hart collection – Any and all Mike Hart cards. (football)
All of those I was already collecting and you should have known about them. I dropped the Peyon Manning collection because I just don’t follow him anymore now that he left the Colts and I was never really into football cards anyways.
Here is some additional player collections I am adding and a short reason why if it’s not obvious. There may be more to come.
- Ryan Zimmerman collection – Any and all Ryan Zimmerman cards. (He is very active on behalf of Multiple Sclerosis).
- Chris Sale collection – Any and all Chris Sale cards. (That one should be obvious).
- Bill Melton collection – Any and all Bill Melton cards. (I really like him on the pre and post game shows and he’s vintage).
I may add some more, I may subtract some more. We’ll see.
As far as my White Sox team sets, I am going to continue to collect all of the base sets from the following.
- Topps (1952-current).
- Fleer (1981-1999).
- Donruss (1981-1997).
- Upper Deck (1989-2010).
You may wonder why I stopped at the years I did for Fleer, Donruss and Upper Deck. Those were the last years they issued an actual team set and not a limited team set. I basically like team sets to be at least 15 cards.
So anything else that I have, I will be getting rid of or maybe even giving to my son. I will check with Jeff at “2 by 3 Heroes” before I get rid of anything because he is my fellow White Sox collector.
My Michigan Wolverines collection won’t change any. It isn’t overly huge because they only make so many cards in their college uniforms. I’ll let you know if there is going to be any more changes. I haven’t actually sat down and figured all this out yet so I don’t have want or have lists for the new collections.
I still owe a few trades and I promise I will get to them. I haven’t forgotten about you.