Psst! Are you still there?
I’m working on coming back. While it’s been a long time since I’ve purchased cards, I haven’t lost the love, just the funds. I’m still reading your blogs for the most part, some days I do skip just because I get behind.
So I’ve been taking the time to scan all my Personal Collection cards so I could at least throw up a random PC card every so often, at least it’s something. Speaking of, if you go back a couple of posts, you’ll remember that I was adding some more players to my PC. I have added them and pulled what cards I already have of them, but I haven’t added anything new to the collections. So here are all the players I collect now and a brief description on why (listed alphabetical.)
- Jim Abbott – Always respected him for making it with one arm, plus he’s a former Michigan Wolverine.
- Luis Aparicio – Former Chicago White Sox great.
- Johnny Bench – I used to be a pretty big Cincinnati Reds fan growing up, they were probably my 2nd favorite team for awhile and I always liked Johnny Bench along with Tom Seaver. A guy I grew up admiring.
- Mark Buehrle – Former Chicago White Sox great as well as just a really great guy and pitcher.
- Steve Carlton – Former Chicago White Sox great, although he is more known as a Philadelphia Phillies. Another guy I grew up watching and admiring.
- Gary Carter – I was a New York Mets fan growing up, they were my #1 team so I watched and followed Gary Carter.
- Joe Crede – I loved Joe Crede when he was with the Chicago White Sox. He was a huge part of the 2005 World Series Champions. I hated seeing all his back problems because he was clutch with the bat and was a Gold Glove caliber 3rd baseman.
- Dave Dravecky – I was a fan of his when he was battling cancer. My father died of cancer when I was young so I grew attached to him during his struggles.
- Carlton Fisk – Former Chicago White Sox great. His most famous blast is as a Boston Red Sox but I still loved him in the pale hose colors. Loved his hard nosed play.
- Chris Getz – Former Chicago White Sox player. Former Michigan Wolverine. I wished the Sox would have held on to him a little longer but I was hoping he would at least get a starting job with the Kansas City Royals and that has happened yet.
- Mike Hart – Former Indianapolis Colts. Former Michigan Wolverines. He played at Michigan when I really started to get into college football. I was amazed that he rarely ever fumbled.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson – I’ve always been a fan of “Shoeless” Joe. Probably since seeing Field of Dreams. I feel bad that he was part of the Black Sox scandal but his stats never showed it.
- Michael Jordan (only White Sox (minors) jerseys) – I was a huge Michael Jordan fan with the Chicago Bulls (back when I watched the NBA.)
- Paul Konerko – Current Chicago White Sox great. I’m a huge Paulie fan! Great guy on and off the field.
- Barry Larkin – Former Michigan Wolverine. As I said before, I was a Cincinnati Reds fan as well and followed him growing up.
- Bill Melton – Former Chicago White Sox great. I really like Beltin Bill Melton on the pre and post game shows.
- AJ Pierzynski – Former Chicago White Sox great (in my mind). I loved AJ when he was with us. He did whatever it took to win and if he failed, he got pissed at himself. I loved that.
- Cal Ripken jr – I was a huge fan of his growing up. The whole Iron Man thing blew my mind and I liked him more for that then anything.
- Chris Sale – Current Chicago White Sox. I like this kid and am hoping he stays with the Sox for a long time.
- Mike Schmidt – Another guy that I was a huge fan of growing up.
- Tom Seaver – Former Chicago White Sox great. Was also playing for the Cincinnati Reds back when I was a fan of theirs.
- Hoyt Wilhelm – Former Chicago White Sox great. He played for the Sox and he has a lot of vintage cards. 2 great loves.
- Billy Williams – My dad’s favorite player so he holds a special place in my heart.
- Wilbur Wood – Another Former Chicago White Sox great who has a lot of vintage cards.
- Carl Yastrzemski – Another guy I was a big fan of growing up. I even learned to spell his last name when I was pretty young.
- Ryan Zimmerman – I’m a relatively new fan of Ryan, but I mainly like him because his mother has Multiple Sclerosis and he donates and does a lot for fighting against the disease. I shouldn’t have to tell you that my wife has MS.
There you go, I went from 6 to 26 PC’s. Some of those collection I hardly have any cards because I just started and haven’t bought anything new. But when my funds get back up, I’ll start picking stuff up for them, cheaply of course. The original 6 will be my main focus but I’ll pick up other players here and there.
Please don’t ask or send me trades because I literally have nothing to send back. I may eventually get around to updating the site too. Now that this is all typed out, I’m going to go back and keep cropping my scans. I scanned all the pages a few days ago, now I just have to crop each card but that’s going to take awhile.
Hopefully I’ll be back sooner rather than later.