Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Cheaper Than Stamps #3

I’ve been amazed at the Cal Ripken jr cards that I’ve picked up on the cheap.  So many, so quick, that I picked up duplicates without realizing it.  I thought I’d be able to pick up some guys like Mark Buehrle, Joe Crede, Chris Getz or even some Ryan Zimmerman cheap but it seems like I’m getting hall of famers instead.  Of course, it’s probably because they have cards in the junk wax era.  Let’s take a look.

ebay02

1990 Topps (record breaker) #8

Like I said, junk wax era.  But then again, I only paid $.10 so I can’t complain.

ebay04

1992 Donruss (All-Star) #22

I paid more than the first card, but still only $.19 so again, no complaints here.

ebay05
1995 Star Cal Ripken 80 #77 & 1991 Donruss (All-Star) #52
 

These actually came in a 5 card lot that I won’t for $.54 so I though I was getting a great deal but come to find out, the other 3 cards I got in other lots that I won.  But minus the 3 cards, I still only paid $.27 each.

ebay07
1988 Donruss (Ripken baseball family) #625 & 1988 Donruss #171

This was originally a 3 card lot, but again, I had won the other 1 in another lot.  The 2 cards above I won duplicates of in other lots.  I didn’t do a very good job of checking the cards before I started bidding but once again, I got the whole lot for $.54.  So even minus the duplicate, I still only paid $.27 each, that’s a lot for some 1988 Donruss but not bad for a 3 card lot.


ebay06

2010 Topps t206 #84 & 1995 Star Cal Ripken 80 #43
1987 M&M’s #13 & 1990 Donruss MVP #BC-18

This was a 6 card lot, it was supposed to be all Ripken’s but somehow he put an Andruw Jones card mixed in.  It was even in the photo on ebay and I still didn’t catch it.  The other one was a duplicate I won in another lot, I know, again.  But I won the lot of 6 for $.71 so even cutting it down to 4, I still got each card at just under $.18 each.

ebay03
1992 Score Proctor & Gamble #5, 1989 Donruss MVP #BC-15 & 1989 Topps #250
1988 Donruss (team leaders) #51, 1994 Diamond Sports Memorabilia #23 & 1990 Topps All-Star Glossy #16
 
This 6 card lot, the original purchased lot I got for a great price as well.  I got all 6 of these cards for $.71 which is just under $.12 each.
So for this post, I got 16 Hall of Famer Cal Ripken cards for an average of at $.17 each, granted some are junk wax but still.  I’ve boosted my Cal Ripken collection by 16 cards by spending less than $3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.