Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, December 13, 2013

Cheaper Than Stamps #15

This is a series where I show off cards I need for my PC’s that I pick up on Ebay for cheaper than a stamp.  My maximum I spend on these cards is actually $.30 so I get them quite a bit cheaper than a stamp.

I’ve shown you the current player collection cards, now let’s see what I’ve picked up for the vintage collection.  Starting with 1987 and working our way down.

ebay07

1987 Topps - Tim Raines #30, Bill Madlock #734, Dave Concepcion #11

I know, 1987 Topps isn’t exciting, but it’s still part of my vintage collection.  I got the Raines for $.15, the Madlock for $.06 and the Concepcion for $.11

ebay08

1987 Topps – Don Mattingly #500, Dale Mohorcic #497, Todd Worrell #605

I got the Mattingly for $.10, the Mohorcic for $.16 and the Worrell for $.11.  I paid more for the other 2 than I did Mattingly, that’s kind of pathetic.

ebay09

1987 Topps – Steve Ontiveros #161 and Mark McGwire #366

I picked up the Ontiveros for $.17 and the McGwire for $.10.  I just learned that Steve Ontiveros played for the Michigan Wolverines (thanks Dennis!) and I remember when that McGwire was a big ticket item.  Shocking that any 1987 Topps was a big ticket item but it was very popular at one time because most people couldn’t afford the 1985 Topps USA card.

ebay17

1987 Topps – Andy McGaffigan #742

I picked this one up for $.10.  Not sure why anyone even listed this, especially with free shipping.  I’m guessing the only reason I paid a dime was because that was the minimum bid.

I scan the cards as they come in and post them when I get around to it.  As you can tell since all these have a single price paid per card instead of a lot price.

1987fleer

1987 Fleer – ML Prospects #650, #653, #647, #649, #645

I picked up this lot for $.30 with $.50 shipping.  Which equals out to $.16 a card.  All prospects, including a Ron Karkovice rookie which isn’t exciting for you, but for us White Sox fans it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.