Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Cheaper Than Stamps #26

This is a series where I show off cards I need for my PC’s that I pick up on Ebay or COMC for cheaper than a stamp.  My maximum I spend on these cards is actually $.30 so I get them quite a bit cheaper than a stamp.

comc-getz

Chris Getz – 2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary #654, 2008 Bowman Chrome Draft Prospects #BDPP81, 2012 Topps mini #148, #2008 Just Minors Autographics #27

I picked up all 4 of these on COMC.  I paid $.41 for the 2 Topps cards, $.42 for the Just Minors and $.37 for the Bowman card.  This was another player collection where I thought I’d be able to find some cheap and rarely come across them.

comc-konerko

Paul Konerko - 1999 Topps Opening Day #16

Picked this up on Ebay for $.16.  I like picking his cards up in Cincinnati Reds jerseys, probably because that’s when I was first introduced to him before he signed with the Chicago White Sox.

comc-wilhelm

Hoyt Wilhelm – 2001 Upper Deck Legends of NY #35, 2005 Upper Deck Reflections Legendary reflections #198

Picked these both up on COMC to give me 10 cards of him.  I paid $.38 for first one and the $.33

4 comments:

  1. Both nice Wilhelms. I'm not particularly a New York fan but I do like the Legends of NY cards. Wish they had made a legends of Chicago set. Confession, I knew about Konerko on the Dodgers but I never knew he played for the Reds. This hobby can be very humbling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A legends of Chicago set would be awesome. I'd even go after a few of the Cubs cards, but don't tell anyone.

      Delete
  2. Yeah Getz! (Especially his non-White Sox cards).

    Hackenbush--it's easy to forget Konerko was with Cincy very, very briefly since he's known mainly as a White Sox stalwart first, and before that a top Dodgers prospect. I actually just looked it up and it was only for 26 games in 1998, when he was traded straight up for Mike Cameron, who of course was part of the deal that brought Griffey to the Reds. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured you'd like this post since it had Getz. I'm really surprised I haven't found his cards pretty cheap. I guess they just don't get listed much.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.