Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, January 10, 2014

Cheaper Than Stamps #28

This is a series where I show off cards I need for my PC’s that I pick up on Ebay or COMC for cheaper than a stamp.  My maximum I spend on these cards is actually $.30 so I get them quite a bit cheaper than a stamp.

comc-ripken

Cal Ripken jr – 1994 Upper Deck Collector’s Choice Silver Sig #240, 1993 Pinnacle #20, 1994 Upper Deck #36, 1998 Topps #320, 1997 Fleer (checklist) #723

I picked up the first card as a single on Ebay for $.29 and the other 4 came in a lot that I won for $.80.  I continually pick up Ripken’s, I’ve probably picked up more of his cards than anyone else’s since I’ve added the new players to the collections.

ebay04

Cal Ripken jr – 1992 Donruss Triple Play #199

Picked this one up as a single as well for a quarter.  I actually one the Hot Shots from this set and he sent me the wrong card, he told me I could keep it and he would send me the other one but I told him not to worry about it, I needed this one as well.  He relisted the hot shots but I didn’t win it.

comc-zimmerman

Ryan Zimmerman – 1997 Topps #600, 2011 Topps Vintage Chrome #VC7, 2013 Bowman Hometown #60, 2011 Topps Diamond Duos #LZ, 2008 Upper Deck X Xpotential #RZ, 2012 Topps Gypsy Queen mini #149, 2013 Topps Chase it Down #CD3

I really wanted to add some Zimmerman’s since he’s big on the MS Awareness scene, that’s why I chose to collect him.  I picked up the first card on Ebay for $.11.  It came with another from that set, I believe a Jamie Moyer.  All the rest came from COMC from between $.32 and $.34

ebay06

Ryan Zimmerman – 2013 Topps Gypsy Queen #134

I picked this single up on Ebay as well for $.15.  I hadn’t won any Zimmerman’s until I picked up a bunch from COMC, then I actually manage to win a couple.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.