Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, January 25, 2015

This Weeks Purchases

Yep, I’m back at buying again, or maybe not. I got a little excited on buying cards again after the couple of weeks off work that I searched for my vintage collection first. I bid on everything that fit it my collection with a $.50 max bid up to 1981 then I put a max bid of $.25 on those and up. When all was said and done, I ended up bidding on over 300 cards. Most of those 1986 and 1987 so I figured, I only put a quarter on them, I should get outbid on a bunch. That was not the case. Now that the week is done, I ended up winning 224 of them, yikes. So even though there wasn’t a very high bid, it added up quick. So needless to say, I’m probably going to have to wait a week or 2 again before I start buying. I did get some cards in the mail this week though, all for the vintage collection.

ebay01

1979 Topps Dale Murphy

$.38

Vintage collection

  • This card gave me 57 cards in the 1979 Topps set.

I was surprised to win this one, I normally wouldn’t have bid because the seller didn’t list a card number and I don’t usually bid on those since it’s a pain to look and see if I have them, plus it was a generic stock photo of a bunch of cards but it was Dale Murphy, and I knew I didn’t have it so I went ahead and bid on this one card of his.

ebay02

1979 Topps Jose Cruz

$.54

Vintage Collection

  • This card gave me 58 for the set.

I bought this from a different seller then the Dale Murphy card. It was the same seller as the following 3 cards.

ebay03

1980 Topps – Bruce Sutter, Joe Torre and Tom Lasorda

$.42 (Sutter), $.33/each (New York Mets and Los Angeles Dodgers)

Vintage Collection

  • These 3 cards give me 88 cards for the 1980 Topps set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.