Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Last couple of weeks pick-ups, part 3

*For those new to the blog, all purchases were made on Ebay (unless otherwise said) and all were under $.50/shipped.

This is the last post from a couple of weeks ago. I’ll probably get around to taking the pictures of last weeks stuff this weekend. I may just add this weeks and combine the posts with last weeks because I didn’t get a lot this week.

Anyways, let’s get to the final 3 players.

ripken01

Cal Ripken Jr. – 1991 Fleer Ultra

ripken02

Cal Ripken Jr. – 1992 Fleer

ripken03

Cal Ripken Jr. – 1992 Score

Mainly some junk wax pick-ups so no surprise there but they are still cards I don’t have so it’s all good.

These 3 cards put the Cal Ripken Jr collection at 142 cards which is a lot considering I started with only a few and all those were picked up for less than $.50 each.

schmidt01

Mike Schmidt – 1984 Topps All-Star set

schmidt02

Mike Schmidt – 1983 Topps All-Star set

schmidt03

Mike Schmidt – 1987 Fleer

schmidt04

Mike Schmidt – 1982 Topps (all-star)

schmidt05

Mike Schmidt – 1988 Topps

schmidt06

Mike Schmidt – 1989 Topps

6 cards, it was a good week for his cards. I like the All-Star set cars, I remember having those sets as a kid. I also enjoy the 1982 Topps, mainly because it’s a 1982 Topps.

These 6 cards put the Mike Schmidt Collection at 37 cards. For perspective on how often I find his cards on the cheap, I started this collection at the same time as the Cal Ripken collection which is now at 142 cards and I have never searched for Ripken cards and not Schmidt, when I search, I search each collection separately.

yastrzemski01

Carl Yastrzemski – 1990 Donruss HOF DK

yastrzemski02

Carl Yastrzemski – 1982 Topps (in action)

yastrzemski03

Carl Yastrzemski – 1982 Topps

Another guy I don’t get to many cards of on the cheap. Again, really love the 1982 Topps because they are 1982 Topps.

These 3 cards bring the Carl Yastrzemski collection to 17 cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.