Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, May 22, 2015

New Additions - Lewan, Melton and Pierzynski

*For those new to the blog, all purchases were made on Ebay (unless otherwise noted) and all were under $.50/shipped.

I'm listing Ebay stuff but also I got an awesome package from Dennis over at "Too Many Verlanders" and my favorite "Too Many Manninghams", although you'll see a lot of that great stuff on the TMM blog whenever I get that post together. I also received 2 huge packages of mainly White Sox cards from Jeff over at "2 x 3 Heroes" as well and both guys also sent a bunch of vintage. I'm also randomizing the posts so let's see what's next.




Dennis gave me this Topps buyback of Bill Melton, which would be my first buyback (at least I think so).






I actually had the 1976 Melton but it's in my White Sox team set. I already had finished the team set before I decided to collect Bill so I left it in there. I really like the gold AJ just because it's sparkly.








No, that's not a Taylor Lewan rainbow, those are from 3 different sets. I realize he hadn't played yet but you couldn't take a few pictures during practice instead of using the same one on damn near ever card. Technically, I have 4 cards with that picture on it but the other one is the base of Topps Finest where as the above is a refractor from the same set. Also managed to pick up a few Pierzynski cards, which I rarely come across on Ebay. The first card is actually from Chevron so I assume that was a local set in San Francisco and the last one is a rookie so actually both pretty good pick ups for cheap.

In case you're interested, the reason I pretty much always post pics of single cards is because of these 2 blogs that I use to store my cards. My Personal Collections and My Baseball Card Obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.