Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, June 3, 2016

A 3 card day

I got home later today because I went over to my brothers after work to help him with his garage. He's in the process of insulating it and putting up OSB board. His daughter's graduation party is next weekend and he's hoping to get it done before then.

When I got home, guess what was in the mailbox? Yup, one envelope containing 3 cards. This seller I have dealt with quite a bit and I'm sure I annoy him. When I first started buying from him, he asked me to wait to pay until all his auctions end so he doesn't get charged as much. That's cool, only problem is, he lists cards daily so I'm constantly bidding on cards. Generally, every day I get on Ebay, I go through all my saved searches and bid on cards, then I go to my bidding page and delete everything that I've been outbid on, then I go to my purchase page and pay for everything that I owe for. Now if I get on Ebay in the afternoon, before I pay for everything, I'll look and see if I'm winning anything that will end that night. If I am, then I wait until they end before I pay. Now, if I notice that I'm paying this guy, I try to remember to go look and see if I'm winning anything else of his, but I only look for another day because I'd like to have my cards and not wait for a week until everything ends, and by then, they'll be more I'm bidding on. So I try to combine my payments but I don't always. He's never said anything else since the first time but I figure I probably annoy him. I wouldn't even care if he waited a week and sent everything I won so he can save on postage but I like to pay for my things in a timely manner and it helps me keep track of who I owe. Anyways, I'm probably bitching for nothing because like I said, he hasn't said anything in awhile.

Let's take a look at what I got in today's envelope.

2010 Bowman Chrome Refractor
 This one goes to the White Sox collection. I picked it up mainly because it was a refractor and I only dropped a quarter for it. So think of it as a quarter box find.

2016 Topps Opening Day Superstar Celebrations
 Obviously, this one goes to the Ryan Zimmerman collection. He was on the 2015 version of this insert as well (I do have that one). This was also a quarter box find.

2015 Panini Contenders Old School Colors
I probably saw this first on Dennis' blog and really wanted it, I love the Barry Larkin cards in his Michigan uni's. I managed to grab it for my max bid of $.54.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.