Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, December 5, 2016

Monday Mail Day

Before I get started on today's deliveries, I wanted to update you a bit. You may remember months ago when I said I purchased 3300 (give or take) 1980's cards from my cousin for a penny a piece. I finally got everything organized and updated and these are the sets that were most affected.


  • 1982 Donruss - 63% completed
  • 1985 Topps - 43% completed
  • 1986 Donruss - 71% completed
  • 1986 Topps - 82% completed
  • 1987 Topps - 87% completed
The top 3 listed up there weren't very far as far as my progress went but as you can see, they got a pretty good boost. The '86 Topps set was around 42% and the '87 Topps was around 80% when it started so as you can see, it still boost them up a bit.

On top of that, I met with Dennis of "Too Many Verlanders" and "Too Many Manninghams", the 2nd one being by far the best of the 2 blogs. We met at a Meijer in Ann Arbor on my way to the Michigan/Illinois game back in September and swapped cards. As usual, I gave him a few, he gave me a box full. He's definitely the most generous trader because I've told him I don't have much and he still keeps giving me stuff. He's awesome like that.

Most of the box were more '85 Topps that were mentioned above. After finally getting all those logged in, he bumped that set all the way up to 88% which pretty much doubled it. I didn't want to go without mentioning it because he's been a huge part of my collections. As always, thanks Dennis.

Now, onto the cards I received in the mail today. I received 3 but when I went to log them in, I realized I did already have one. Oops! Part of the card wasn't listed in the description and I didn't pay enough attention to the picture to realize I already had it. I only wasted $.15 so there's at least that.

1994 Action Packed Minors
I picked this up for $.17/shipped. I didn't think I'd win it, I've never even seen it before so I figured since it was a little harder to come by that I wouldn't win it. Guess I was wrong. This is the 97th card in my Michael Jordan Collection.

2013-14 NBA Hoops

I don't get to many of his cards, especially in Michigan gear but that's alright because I have a player collection of him anyways. I picked this up for a $.25/shipped. It is only the 8th card in the Tim Hardaway Jr Collection.

2 comments:

  1. I hope when I finally get this stack of cards shipped over it's not just a crapload of dupes for the older sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Action Packed cards are always a welcome sight. I remember getting a small stack of those in a grab bag from my LCS when I was a kid and being completely blown away by the "cool 3D cards." Of course, the fact that it's MJ makes it 110% more awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.