Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

2 Number 5's

Today, I got a couple of vastly different cards from the same seller, all in one envelope. Both great players in their day, one Hall of Famer but pretty different. Let's take a look.


I picked up this 1982 Topps of Tony Perez for the Vintage Collection. Oddly enough, this card doesn't look familiar at all and that is rare, especially for an 80's card. I grabbed this for a quarter/shipped.


I also grabbed this 1995 Classic Images Four Sport of Jalen Rose for the Michigan Collection. The background is very shiny and looks like it does in the picture, only shinier. I picked this up for $.22/shipped.

Are you trying to figure out the title of this post? Tony Perez was #24 wasn't he? He was, for most of his career but he was #5 in Boston. I didn't know either, I don't know why but Jalen's number stuck out to me and I took a chance on baseball-reference.com and sure enough, Perez was that year as well.

2 comments:

  1. You're right. I busted packs of 82T back in the day... and even own a complete set. Yet I don't recall that Perez. It's weird how certain cards can slip by you over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably had close to a set back then too and still, no clue if I've ever seen it. It always seems so weird when that happens.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.