Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, February 27, 2017

A Colorful Mailer

I got one envelope today with 2 cards. Both came for a quarter each, one for the player collections, one for the vintage collections.


I picked up this 1975 Topps for $.25/shipped. Nothing to terribly exciting about that card other than being a 1975 Topps. This is my 32nd card for that set.


I don't know if it's considered an oddball or not but I think it is, and for a $.25/shipped, I'll take it. This is my 147th different Carlton Fisk.

4 comments:

  1. Classic has been showing up quite a bit in our world lately. Is Fisk in Boston there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks that way, looks like a Boston jersey behind him.

      Delete
  2. I believe it would be the script "Chicago" across the chest uni. I'm almost positive that is what they wore with the pants that had the number (look at Fisk's left wrist) and also what they wore right before changing to the new color scheme (all black, white and silver; abandoning the red pop color).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know he's wearing the White Sox jersey, the number on the pants is definitely a giveaway. I was saying they may be in Boston since they are playing Boston and I don't remember Comiskey having green padding along the lines. Not that I would know that or not, I just don't remember green being there.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.