Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

4 players, 4 cards, 5 collections

I hadn't posted the last couple of days because I just didn't get a chance to. Friday night we were running around once I got off work and Saturday we made the trek up North to Ann Arbor for the spring game. We left early enough to stop by Meijer to pick up a bunch of Michigan gear before heading over to the game which we missed the beginning of because parking was a mess. Lucky for us, Dennis from "Too Many Verlanders" and "Too Many Manninghams" scoped out some great seats for us. Great because they were next to the entrance we were coming in at and even better, we were out of the sun for most of the game.

I won't go into details of what I saw, good and bad, but just say that it was great to see some Michigan football again. It was also great once I got home to see what Dennis had for me, but you'll see those at another time. I've got them all logged on my pages and "scanned" so I just have to get the post ready but I figure I'll throw it up on one of those days next week that I don't get any mail.

Today, you'll get the 4 cards from the 4 envelopes that I received on Friday and Saturday.


Since we were talking Michigan football, let's start with this former Wolverine. This 2014 Bowman '50 Mini of Taylor Lewan comes to me for $.16/shipped. This is my 14th card of Taylor Lewan and the 1st of him this year.


Sticking with the former Wolverine theme, this is my 1st card of Caris LeVert. This 2016-17 NBA Hoops came to me for $.25/shipped. I've bid on a bunch of his cards and by a bunch, I mean every time I came across his cards, they were always in lots of 15 or 20 which makes them hard to win at a quarter max bid.


The 3rd card I won was another Jim Abbott, Yankee card. This 1993 Donruss Gallery of Stars came to me for $.25/shipped as well. It's not a great card but it stands out with the blue background. This is my 90th card of Jim Abbott and my 5th card this year so far.


Last, but not least, I finally got a White Sox Collection card. Or better yet, a Paul Konerko Collection card. This 2007 Topps Chrome Refractor came to me for $.15/shipped. It is my 414th different card of Konerko and my 5th card of his this year. I wasn't expecting to win this but I'll take it. It's the nice thing about being a White Sox fan, nobody knows about the players.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.