Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, April 6, 2017

White Sox Winner, and I got cards

The White Sox won their first game today by spanking the Tigers to tie the series. Granted it was supposed to be a 4 game series but with the crappy weather, they only played 2. It's nice to see the offense capable of 11 runs but I have a feeling we may not see those number to often.

I got 2 envelopes with 2 cards in the mail today. I needed about 100 cards after the day I had at work but I guess these 2 will have to do. Both were for the vintage collection.


I picked this up for the 1980 Topps set for $.23/shipped. Good action shot, but that jersey, yikes! Sadly, when I hear the Astros, those are the jerseys that come to mind because that's what they were when I was a kid. This is my 136th card of that set.


I had to pay a little more for this 9 time all-star, by a little more, I mean $.02 more. I still got it for a quarter/shipped. This is my 118th card of the 1978 Topps set which is just over 16% completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.