Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

11 card Tuesday

I had a fairly big mail day as far as the cheap cards I get are concerned. I got 4 envelopes with 11 cards but I did get something I wasn't expecting or even knew existed.


I picked up 2 more Gary Carter's for the collection although it may only be 1, according to my records, I already have the Fleer All-Star but I won't know for sure until I put them away. Sometimes I guess at what I have because I'm not in the mood to check. I'm only out a quarter. I picked up the Topps Mini for only $.06/shipped. It is my 105th Gary Carter for that collection and my 5th picked up this year.


I picked up these 2 for the 1979 set. They were only $.16/each/shipped and these cards put that set at 314 cards in that set.




I picked up all 6 of these from the 1970 set from the same seller. I bid on a ton more but those are the only ones I got for under a quarter. I paid $.23/shipped for 5 of them and $.16/shipped for the Gene Mauch. These 6 cards from the 1970 set put that at 42 cards and along with the 1979 cards above, I have picked up 224 cards for the collection this year.


I was surprised when this card came, not because I didn't order it but rather, because it came from Japan. So this guy had to really lose out on some money with his shipping. I won it for $.20/shipped. On top of that, it's technically not the card I ordered (not that I'm complaining about that). Here is the original back and the back of mine, side by side.


As you can see, mine has Japanese (I assume) on the back of it. I didn't realize they did this in other countries. Obviously, I know about Leaf and O-Pee-Chee and have seen those and I've seen Japanese cards but I didn't know they had duplicate sets with another language on the back. This is my 145th card of Michael Jordan and is only my 2nd pick-up of him this year.

2 comments:

  1. The 90's basketball Collector's Choice sets always had international versions, your '94-95 Jordan is (as you already figured out) from the Japanese version. That year, they also had French, German, Italian, and Spanish sets as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone tell the supercollectors that there are a lot more parallels. Lol. Thanks for the info.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.