Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, October 16, 2017

A pack and an Astro

I've had a busy weekend but I will hopefully get back on track now. I had to have my Gall Bladder removed on Thursday and while it was outpatient and I was home quite a bit, I didn't spend a whole lot of time online.

I got one envelope on Saturday and one envelope today. The Saturday envelope had three cards in it. I actually won a pack of cards that contained three cards. Then the envelope I got today had one card on it.


Here is the pack of cards I got. It's from 1994 Score Burger King set that only has nine cards in the set and I now have three of them. These three.



I paid $.58/shipped for the pack which puts these three cards at $.19, $.19 and $.20/shipped. It also makes cards 340, 341 and 342 in the Ripken collection. I'll have to see if I can find the rest of the set.


I also added another 1973 card to the Vintage collection. This card puts that set at 451 cards (68% completed). I don't get to add to many of these cards anymore so this was a nice pick up for only $.21/shipped.

4 comments:

  1. It's amazing to think that the removal of a gall bladder is now an outpatient surgery! I don't know what recovery time is on something like that, but I hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went back to work today but I'm on restrictions in that I can't lift anything over 30 lbs. I haven't taken any pain meds since the evening of the surgery so it is truly amazing what they can do now a days.

      Delete
  2. I have a few of these Ripkens in my collection... but never knew how they were distributed. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I don't remember Burger King ever handing out packs. To be honest, the cards themselves don't say Burger King on them at all so without the pack, I may had never known it was BK.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.