Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Fort Wayne Pickups

 We did the Fort Wayne show last month. I did pick up a few things.


Kevin bought a box of cards from a dealer so I grabbed a few for myself. The top 3 are my non player collection White Sox.


I did find one player collection in the black gold Robert.



Hollister's set up at Fort Wayne and I've been trying to hit his table whenever we set up at the same show. He has a Michigan box and I flip through it and grab cheap Michigan autos. I try to grab guys I don't have autos of. I only paid $10 for all 3 and the Kwity Paye is numbered to /10. Not too bad of a purchase I'd say.


One guy had his cards in teams so I stopped to flip through the Sox cards and found this PK. It was numbered to /99 and I don't run into too many Konerko's that I don't have so I paid $5 for it. What I didn't realize was that it was a rip card. What I also didn't realize is that it was already ripped. Oh well, it's still one I didn't have.

2 comments:

  1. Those rip cards are cool. I like the idea that collectors are torn by the decision to rip or not rip the card. At least the person who ripped your card took their time with it and kept the card in decent condition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel like I'd get a really sharp razor blade and barely cut it and get it out. I've been assured that's it's not that easy though.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.