Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, May 3, 2024

South Bend freebies

About a month ago (that's how far behind I am), we did the South Bend show. I know it's been a month because tomorrow is the next South Bend show and it's the first Saturday of each month. The good news for my pocket book was I didn't buy anything, but I did still come home with some cards.

Joe, who's one of the dealers we set up with, usually tries to get close to us so we can watch each others tables. He came in with a 600 count box of White Sox cards. He said I could have them, he didn't want any of them back so I went through them. I only needed 33 of the cards. Most of the stuff was commons so I had a lot of it which he said I probably would. I'm only going to show a few of those since most weren't anything special.


These 4 are all guys that I don't PC but I have 50+ cards of their Sox cards so I scanned them.

  • Nick Madrigal (62 cards)
  • Carlos Rodon (87 cards)
  • Frank Thomas (1034 cards)

I put Gavin on here just because he's one of the few current players that I like. He's got 49 cards so he's almost up in the above scan. I've been thinking about adding him to my PC but I've just never took the time to do so.


These 2 are PC guys though. That's a 1st Edition of Vaughn and just a plain old Stadium Club of Eloy. I would have guessed that I already had that but apparently not. That is my 112th card of Vaughn.

Fred, who I've shown cards of here that he gives me (who also works with me) came to the show and he usually picks me up a few things while he shops around so he came by at the end of the show and gave me a few cards as well.


He found this blue scope of Cesar Ruiz. It must have been hard for him to give this up being as he is a Saints fan but on the other hand, he's also a Notre Dame fan so maybe it was easier since he's wearing the Maize and Blue. This is my 15th card of Cesar.


Back to the Sox cards. Another Eloy, a short printed Big League which gives me 234th of him and a X-Fractor of Robert which is my 226th of him. Eloy just got back from injury and Robert is still out.


Another PK I didn't have as well sums up the cards he gave me. I have a bunch of him so I love getting ones I don't have already. This High Tek set has a bunch of parallels and I have the base and this 1 so there's more to go after. This card gives me 774 cards of PK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.