Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, February 23, 2015

Cheated

I’m still around, been working on my other blogs trying to get them caught up. I have taken pics of the cards I’ve purchased in the last couple of weeks, I just have to take the time to crop them and then post them here.

This post, however, is about a card I was excited about winning on Ebay only to have it taken away. Check this out.

asshole

That’s right, I won this Cal Ripken jr. rookie card at only $.54. I realize that it can be had for $4 or $5 so it’s not the card it was when I was growing up. Considering I only put a max bid of $.54, I never actually win cards like this. I’ve been bidding on rookie cards of Cal for awhile but this was the first one I won.

I paid for it later that day then forgot about it, which I always do, it makes it more fun to open the envelopes when they arrive. The next day, I get an email to my phone that says my money was refunded. I knew I didn’t have any issues with any sellers lately so I clicked the email to see what it was, and was annoyed when I saw it was this card.

His technical reason was that he no longer had the card or couldn’t fill the order but we all know what the real reason was, he didn’t want to let a Ripken rookie go for that cheap of a price. I went and checked his feedback and he had a negative for the same thing, refunded money with no explanation.

I realize it may have been a mistake, it’s happened before and it never bothered me because the cards I usually invest in aren’t anything special but I really wanted this one, damn it.

5 comments:

  1. I don't understand why this guy further negatively impacted his feedback by refusing to ship a $0.54 card. It's not even a RC, and you can get that card on COMC for as low as a buck. eBay sellers are weird...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Screw him to the wall. You know it's full on BS they suddenly "don't have the card".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer. I've had this happen to me a couple of times over the years and each time I wonder if the seller is just backing out b/c of the low sale price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say negative feedback and be done with it. As Dennis said, COMC, Sportlots, or Just Commons will have the card pretty cheap anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bidding on penny auctions here and there, I've had that happen a couple of times, usually from unrealistic sellers. Negative feedback his ass.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.