Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, July 31, 2023

A non-birthday post

 What? A real post?

Yeah, I'm going to try to get them out occasionally. I don't have a bunch saved up from the whole time I was gone but I did add some cards last weekend. Nothing overly special but it's a start. We're actually on a 3 week hiatus from doing shows so I actually caught up with my cards. We didn't have a show we wanted to do 2 weekends ago, this past weekend was the National (you might have heard) so there wasn't any other shows, and Kevin is going to the Braves @ Cubs game next weekend so no show then either. 

The cards I added last week were from my LCS sorting cards. Part of the sorting we do is pull certain players, we call them list players. The LCS actually has a guy that buys any cards of all these players. There's probably 150 names on the list (I've never actually counted) plus any Hall of Famers. I do have a few PC players that are on the list so I got to grab some that I didn't have.


Yes, I technically already have this card but it's one of those copyright variations. I don't actively search for those variations, but if I come across one and I don't have to pay for it, then I will add it to the collection.


I also grabbed a few 2022 SC Chrome's, this being one of them. Love the SC photographs but this one isn't anything special. It is a pic I haven't seen before so there is that. I would much rather have a new pic than one they've used 100 times before.


This pic is a little better with the action shot. As you can see, another SC Chrome card. I actually picked up about 5 or 6 of them for my PC's.

All 3 of these aren't on the actual list but are Hall of Famers so they get pulled. As per my usual sorting fee for them, I get to keep what cards I find that go in my PC's. He knows I'm not just going to take whatever cards I think I can sell and he knows I only keep what goes in my PC's. I've even sorted a bunch of cards at once and not kept anything. I also sort out the inserts and rookies and have given him back some nice cards so he trusts that I'm not taking anything high dollar. As you all should know, I don't care about the big money cards, I just want the cards.

Free cards will always be the best cards.

As I said before, I'll try to post a couple of times a week in between Birthday posts. I'm not going to promise a bunch because then it feels like a job again. I got enough work to do, I don't need my hobby to become that.

I'm working 10 hour days so by the time I'm getting off work, the LCS is closed. I still have all the cards I sorted last weekend in the back of my car. I probably won't get there until Thursday or Friday. I should get off early one or both of those days and be able to take them back and pick up more to sort.

2 comments:

  1. It's never a good thing (at least for me) when blogging feels like a job. Ten hour days doesn't sound like fun. I know I'll have a handful of them each school year... but I'm gonna try and keep them to a minimum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see a real post from you again :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.