Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, November 27, 2017

80's Monday

I got 2 envelopes today with 7 cards, 6 of them that I had won. I got 5 from one seller and he either made a mistake or threw an extra in so I got 6 from him and 1 from another.





I picked up all these from the same seller. I paid $.25/shipped for the 1984 Topps, $.22/shipped for both of the 1982's, and $.10/shipped for the 1983's. The 1980 was the throw in mentioned above and luckily enough, I needed it as well.


I also picked this one up for $.10/shipped from another seller. I know it's not an 80's like the title lead you to believe but I don't care, I needed it for the team set as well as the Vintage collection. I don't remember how many that team set is but it's down to 11 cards now.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pickups. I like getting "bonus" cards be they intentional or non-intentional. I think more than 9 times out of 10 they are intended. I sometimes get some oddball bonus cards that don't make sense. I'll order say some 1980s baseball like you did and the seller will toss in some 1990s football or something non-sport. On one of the card forums I'm part of a Football Team Traders group w/ my homie Redskins and as a secondary team the Rams. This month (NOV) one of the members sent some bonus "bookend" cards you know real cheap cards placed on both ends of a stack of cards sometimes included in the team bag with the main trade cards sometimes on the outside instead of the blank dummy cards. Well this guy for some of the stacks used non-sport cards from "The Walking Dead". I don't watch that show, I actively avoid all the Zombie Mania shows and movies from the last 20 years or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do get the football cards occasionally that I have no use for. The nice thing about my vintage collection is I tend to get "junk wax" from the mid-80's which I can use.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.