Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, December 2, 2017

2 Ripken's and a patch

I got a couple of envelopes the last couple of days. 3 cards in 3 envelopes. Let's get to it.


I picked up this 1990 Panini sticker for $.22/shipped. I know I've mentioned before but I love these stickers because I used to do the albums when I was a kid.


I picked this up for the Ripken collection as well. Another Panini card but a little newer. 2013 to be exact but I still only paid $.25/shipped. Both of these Ripken cards (sticker) make 348 cards in that collection.


I picked up this Melky Cabrera for $2.25/shipped. I'm not sure what the deal is with the sticker on the patch but whatever, It's numbered to /99 as well. It's a pretty slick looking card probably because it's shiny. It's from Topps Tribute. I liked Melky, I hated seeing him get traded. He's one of those guys that you can say he loves to play the game.

3 comments:

  1. The sticker on the patch is an MLB authenticity hologram. Bid on a card with one of those the other day on eBay, but didn't win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sticker will tell you for what game he wore that jersey. Makes it kinda historical/nostalgic lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1990 Panini! That takes me back. I'm working on the '88 album now.

    The Topps Tribute relics are cool, and usually affordable. I wish the hologram wasn't on-swatch, but what can you do?

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.