Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, December 17, 2023

Fort Wayne Show

Need to get a quick post in to get caught up. Last weekend we were at the Fort Wayne show and I picked up a few things. I didn't really do much shopping around, these were more or less brought to me.

There's a dealer who's a friend of ours who sets up in the other room. He'll usually ask me to come watch his table so he can take a bathroom break, go smoke or just take a little time to shop for himself. He has a shop so he definitely wants to do some shopping to pick things up for that. He usually gives me cards or just discounts what I get since I usually get bored and start looking at what he has on his table. He had a couple of boxes so I hit that.


He had a cheap autos box where I found these. The McGrone was a cheapy, he had the Evans at $7 if I remember right. Both former Wolverines so I snagged them. It's my 4th card of Cameron but my 1st autograph. The Evans is my 2nd autograph but my 54th card of him.


I was really happy to see this card in there as I don't get many Michigan baseball cards (other than Cronenworth), let alone autographs. This is only my 5th card of Jordan but my 1st autograph.

I picked up all 3 of these for $8 total.

He also had a box of Vintage that I could have pulled a lot out of but I wasn't looking to spend too much so I came up with these 3 since they are all player collection as well.


It's hard to tell with the photo but that is a mini. I definitely wanted this one when I saw it. I still need the regular sized Schmidt from '75 but I wasn't going to pass this one up. This card gives me 359 of Mike.


He also had these 2 of Fisk that I needed. Another '75 and his '76. I love getting Vintage of guys I watched when I was a kid. These 2 Fisk give me 386 of him.

I paid $10 for these 3 cards.

We had another dealer friend of ours say he had a bunch of 5x7 cards that were serial numbered that he wanted to know if we wanted to look at. He pulled the Sox for me. I wanted them all as they were one's I didn't have but I narrowed down to these.


Remember these are all 5x7's but I don't know if you can read those serial numbers in the bottom left corner. I tried to get a closer pic of the serial numbers


They are all numbered to /10. I had trouble grabbing cards because there weren't many PC players and not even a lot of my favorite players so I grabbed all of them that were #'d 1/10 and a few others.


There was one PC guy and my most favorite player for the Sox so I definitely grabbed this one. It's my 761st card of Paulie.

Kevin grabbed a stack of Braves ones as well. The Braves had all kinds of "vintage" players unlike the Sox ones. so his stack was pretty healthy so he made a deal for them. I know the dealer was asking a buck a piece to us and Kevin got them cheaper than that but he never gave me a cost on what I owe so he must have gotten them cheap enough that he gave them to me.

I have one more post to get out which are cards I picked up at my LCS on Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Nice. That's a lot of rare 5x7's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude had over 1000 of them, even had almost the whole run of some of the cards.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.